Sunday, November 25, 2012

3 Weeks Left...

I can't believe there are only three weeks left of this semester. It seems like it went by so fast. I'm looking forward to the semester being over because I'll be assistant coaching a high school girls' basketball team over Christmas break and I'm really excited about it. I was worried that I wouldn't workout as much over break and get lazy and slack off, but now that I'll be coaching it will definitely help keep me in shape and encourage me to workout daily. The offer for the coaching position came out of nowhere, but I quickly accepted because I love coaching and it will definitely be a great experience for me. So, I really want these next three weeks to fly by so I can start working with the team back home. 

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you'll be working as an assistant coach over break! I had the opportunity to be the head coach of a middle school boy's team 2 years ago and it was a fantastic experience. It's worth all the time put into it and more to see your players come together and have fun. And as you mentioned it does help keep you in shape. Plus, it looks pretty good on a resume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure everyone agrees that Christmas break needs to get here fast! But that's great news that you've been offered a coaching position over break. Especially since this break is going to be a lot longer then normal, it's always good to find something to keep you busy. Like you said it will definitely be a great way to stay in shape and an awesome experience for you. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You will definitely do well coaching the team. I assisted an 8th grade volleyball team my senior year of high school and it was really fun. When I get home I plan on buying a short term gym membership at one of the gyms that offers a special college student rate. Coaching will keep you in shape but the thought of wasting money on a gym membership will keep me going everyday. I'm not sure if they have reduced rates for college students by you or not but if you want to work out more than while coaching it's worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete