Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving


11/22/2012

     Today is Thanksgiving!!! This is my favorite holiday ever because I get to spend it with my extended family and friends, as well as eat a lot of delicious food. Last night my cousins and I played basketball for awhile, and today all of us are having a family softball game. Luckily, the weather is supposed to be really warm so it will be a good day to play. Every Thanksgiving we either have a family softball game, basketball game, or football game. This gets us all out of the house for a couple hours and moving around. If not, then the majority of us just sit around and keep eating. I like to exercise before and after the meal, that way I feel okay eating a lot for Thanksgiving dinner.
      In about an hour there will be around 16 family members heading to the baseball field to play a pick-up game of softball. All of my cousins are athletic, so it will be a good competition. After we play a game of softball its shower time, pictures, then Thanksgiving dinner! Can't wait!
      HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!




~Megan

2 comments:

  1. Having a family sports game is a very cool tradition to have! Especially because, as you pointed out, it gets people in the family up and moving. I also like to exercise before and after Thanksgiving dinner so I feel less guilty about eating a lot. I wonder if other people do the same thing? I've heard some people say they'll exercise a lot on Friday to make up for Thursday, but they usually just end up eating leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea!! I wish my family could all get together and do this. We eat way too much without going out and getting some exercise afterwards. I have been working at Columbia Sportswear the last two days for black Friday and have no time to workout or get any exercise in. I feel really gross and guilty!

    ReplyDelete